- Dust puffed around his heavy brown brogues .
- As the wind freshened there came a sudden squall .
- That is why the storms rage so fiercely on the sea .
- The day was cold, with a nipping wind down the northward running streets .
- The bloom disappears off the face of poetry after you begin to shave .
- He rubbed his chin with his thumb, looked at it, and then started scraping again .
- Loess is easy borne by the wind and may be carried long distances before it falls to earth and becomes topsoil .
- There was a gust of wind over the hilltop, and the old gallows fell down right on the horse's neck .
- A glacial sun filled the streets, and a high wind filled the air with scraps of paper and frosty dust .
- A big southwest wind came up in the night and by day-light it was slowing with almost the force of a gale .