音标：[ dònghè ]
- They tried in vain to frighten him with threats .
- He's lying, i think, or bluffing .
- I thought the veiled threat of war was bluff .
- It was no idle warning but a stern threat .
- Never bluff unless you are prepared to carry through .
- Do you mean to threaten ?
- New threats of war were therefore dismissed as bluff .
- He threatened to put balboa ashore on one of the rocky islets .
- Their mail was being packed with importuning or threatening letters .
- A leader known to yield to intimidation invites it .