- In his day , mendoza enjoyed tremendous popularity .
- The public bet a great deal of money on mendoza , but he was defeated .
- Mendoza rose to fame swiftly after a boxing-match when he was only fourteen years old .
- Though he was technically a prizefighter , mendoza did much to change crude prize-fighting into a sport .
- The public bet a lot of money on mendoza , but he was defeated
- The myth of medusa is about a woman who turned men into stone
- In his day , mendoza enjoyed tremendous popularity . he was adored by rich and poor alike
- M . de villefort a second time raised his head , looked at benedetto as if he had been gazing at the head of medusa , and became livid
- In one of the aristocratic mansions built by puget in the rue du grand cours opposite the medusa fountain , a second marriage feast was being celebrated , almost at the same hour with the nuptial repast given by dant s