- He's a weak man and he shilly-shallied .
- She was almost pouting at his hesitation .
- Hofer said differently .
- He smiled hesitantly .
- As if unsure of where she was , she hesitated and looked round .
- Her husband hesitated to complete the formal requirements for adoption .
- If a man had a gangrenous foot would you have patience with anyone who hesitated to amputate it ?
- He talked rather shyly, hesitatingly, as though it were torture to him to speak and yet he was forced to by some inner passion .
- She maintained a hesitating silence
- He stopped short in uncertainty whether to go back or forward