- Glamorous till the last minute , that is better than a quiet retreat
- They were wide apart in the woods , both very pale , both fast asleep
- E , becoming quite pale ; " don t you see how you are frightening us ? - and yet you laugh .
蕾妮脸色苍白地说： “您难道没看见您把我们都吓成什么样了吗？您还笑呢。 ”
- Mr clare winced as if he had been struck . he went home pale and dejected , and called angel into his study
- " that may be , " said the count , turning pale ; " but you know the guilty do not like to find themselves convicted .
“或许是吧， ”伯爵脸色苍白地说， “但你知道，有罪的人是不愿意让人相信他是有罪的。 ”
- By the light of the wretched and wavering lamp , of which we have spoken , dant s saw the old man , pale , but yet erect , clinging to the bedstead
- He was pale and tense , withdrawn into himself , and obstinately determined to save his country and his own position , let it be lloyd george or who it might
- My friend would then turn to me , quiet and pale , and would say , " no , sir ; that is impossible : i cannot do it , because it is wrong " ; and would become immutable as a fixed star
- Franz again interrupted himself , and wiped the cold drops from his brow ; there was something awful in hearing the son read aloud in trembling pallor these details of his father s death , which had hitherto been a mystery . valentine clasped her hands as if in prayer