- Replied beatrice in great agony, for she loved her cousin .
- With grunts of anguish ogilvie eased his bulk to a sitting position .
- Reaching home, and after writing and mailing the letter to ratterer, clyde passed a troubled night .
- He noted with chagrin how little hair clung to his head
- Cole held his head in anguish
- She was wriggling her body in distress . it was quite as if she were trying to remain on the nursery floor
- But he scowled at her with an expression of anger and at the same time of anguish , and bent over the child with the glass
- And all i can say of it is , laughed stryver with a vexed laugh , that this - ha , ha ! - beats everything past , present , and to come
“我对这意见的看法是， ”斯特莱佛苦恼地笑了笑， “你这意见哈哈！可以把一切的理由都驳倒：过去的，现在的和未来的。 ”
- Fix spent several hours turning these things over in his mind , sometimes thinking that all was lost , then persuading himself that fogg was ignorant of his presence , and then undecided what course it was best to take