- The marketing concept in banking is implemented .
- This type of marketing department organization is called functional organization .
- The development of an "appropriate" market mix implies the recognition of a target market .
- Marketing needs to know for which of its products there is an existing demand .
- Historically these factors had led to a different attitude from the uk banking system .
- There has been a growing interest in applying marketing techniques and tools in the field of banking .
- Marketing success or failure is directly traceable to the support that top management gives or withholds .
- Thus these decisions must be evaluated continually, if the total marketing program is to succeed .
- Branch location and distribution are an important but much overlooked area of bank marketing .
- The bank needs to define and delegate the responsibilities related to the various aspects of its marketing programme .