音标：[ ə'kaunt ] 发音:
过去式: accounted 过去分词: accounted 名词复数: accounts 现在分词: accounting
- I will account for this state of affairs .
- The firm 's accounts need to be set in order .
- I want to open an account with [at] a bank .
- Please charge the amount to my account .
- The following account was written by tom .
- The accounts show a surplus of 2,000 yuan .
- Can i draw $ 50 from my account ?
- The account in the newspaper was wrong .
- The tradesman has rendered his account .
- Keeping the accounts is part and parcel of my job .
- the quality of taking advantage; "she turned her writing skills to good account"
- importance or value; "a person of considerable account"; "he predicted that although it is of small account now it will rapidly increase in importance"
- a record or narrative description of past events; "a history of France"; "he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"; "the story of exposure to lead"
同义词：history, chronicle, story,
- an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered; "he paid his bill and left"; "send me an account of what I owe"
- a short account of the news; "the report of his speech"; "the story was on the 11 o''clock news"; "the account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
同义词：report, news report, story, write up,
- a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.; "the explanation was very simple"; "I expected a brief account"
- the act of informing by verbal report; "he heard reports that they were causing trouble"; "by all accounts they were a happy couple"
- grounds; "don''t do it on my account"; "the paper was rejected on account of its length"; "he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
- a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
同义词：accounting, account statement,
- a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services; "he asked to see the executive who handled his account"
- furnish a justifying analysis or explanation; "I can''t account for the missing money"
- to give an account or representation of in words; "Discreet Italian police described it in a manner typically continental"
- keep an account of
- be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something; "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"