音标：[ ə'pɑ:tmənt ] 发音:
- The little apartment has a snug kitchen .
- Their apartments were situated on the first floor ..
- The apartment i saw today was so run-down .
- Smell the stink from that apartment house .
- I have an apartment in downtown manhattan .
- He shares this palatial apartment with me .
- An apartment is so easy to keep .
- She loved the rotten apartment .
- And the trader bowed himself out of the apartment .
- This must be the best apartment house around here .
- a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
An apartment (in American English) or flat in British English is a self-contained housing unit (a type of residential real estate) that occupies only part of a building. Such a building may be called an apartment building, apartment house (in American English), block of flats, tower block, high-rise or, occasionally mansion block (in British English), especially if it consists of many apartments for rent.