音标：[ ə'sju:m ] 发音:用"assume"造句"assume"怎么读"assume"的同义词"assume" meaning
- No help from a trim device is assumed .
- I assume that your silence implies consent .
- He assumes his new responsibilities next month .
- He assumed a set smile of amicability .
- We assume that no interconversion takes place .
- She demands that he assume the responsibility .
- The problem has assumed a new form .
- Are you prepared to assume your duties ?
- Congress has assumed some negative functions .
- Light is assumed to be a wave phenomenon .
- put clothing on one''s body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
同义词：wear, put on, get into, don,
- take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
同义词：acquire, adopt, take on, take,
- take to be the case or to be true; accept without verification or proof; "I assume his train was late"
同义词：presume, take for granted,
- take up someone''s soul into heaven; "This is the day when May was assumed into heaven"
- make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
同义词：simulate, sham, feign,
- occupy or take on; "He assumes the lotus position"; "She took her seat on the stage"; "We took our seats in the orchestra"; "She took up her position behind the tree"; "strike a pose"
同义词：take, strike, take up,
- seize and take control without authority and possibly with force; take as one''s right or possession; "He assumed to himself the right to fill all positions in the town"; "he usurped my rights"; "She seized control of the throne after her husband died"
同义词：usurp, seize, take over, arrogate,
- take on as one''s own the expenses or debts of another person; "I''ll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
同义词：bear, take over, accept,
- take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
同义词：adopt, take on, take over,
- assumeとは意味：assume v. 仮定する, 思いこむ; 引き受ける; わが物にする; ふりをする. 【副詞１】 ◆It is always assumed that people in crude dress have crude manners. 粗野な格好をしている人は(作法も)粗雑だといつも思われている ◆People automatically assume that surgeons are mal...