音标：[ ˌbæm'bu: ] 发音:
- The bamboo huts here are all built on stilts .
- Be careful ! do n't jab his eye out with your bamboo pole .
- Everything there is made of bamboo .
- The bamboo stick has split .
- Every bamboo blind was drown to keep out the relentless sun .
- The missing parts of the inscribed bamboo slips have not yet been discovered .
- Why do you eat sticky rice wrapped up in bamboo leaves on dragon boat day ?
- Not all bamboo grows tall -- some grow no higher than your ankles .
- Some bamboo is thinner than your little finger , some is much thicker than your waist .
- Many farmer 's fields are irrigated by water brought from a river or lake through bamboo pipes .
- woody tropical grass having hollow woody stems; mature canes used for construction and furniture
- the hard woody stems of bamboo plants; used in construction and crafts and fishing poles
Bamboo (Bambuseae) is a tribe of flowering perennial evergreen plants in the grass family Poaceae, subfamily Bambusoideae, tribe Bambuseae. Giant bamboos are the largest members of the grass family.