音标：[ bi:t ] 发音:
过去式: beat 过去分词: beat 名词复数: beats 现在分词: beating
- He is alive -- his heart is still beating .
- Then he would beat his arms on the ground .
- I have done my best, but i'm beat .
- I'll beat everyone and come out on top .
- Speak frankly and do n't beat about the bush .
- Competition should beat the price down .
- When it comes to fishing, i beat him by miles .
- He was badly beaten up by a gang of thugs .
- We were dizzied by the beating wind .
- Fold in the beaten whites of two eggs .
- very tired; "was all in at the end of the day"; "so beat I could flop down and go to sleep anywhere"; "bushed after all that exercise"; "I''m dead after that long trip"
同义词：all in, bushed, dead,
- wear out completely; "This kind of work exhausts me"; "I''m beat"; "He was all washed up after the exam"
同义词：exhaust, wash up, tucker, tucker out,
- be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don''t know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
同义词：perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound,
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
同义词：beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish,
- beat through cleverness and wit; "I beat the traffic"; "She outfoxed her competitors"
同义词：outwit, overreach, outsmart, outfox, circumvent,
- give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression; "Thugs beat him up when he walked down the street late at night"; "The teacher used to beat the students"
同义词：beat up, work over,
- hit repeatedly; "beat on the door"; "beat the table with his shoe"
- strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- strike (a part of one''s own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music; "beat one''s breast"; "beat one''s foot rhythmically"
- stir vigorously; "beat the egg whites"; "beat the cream"
- shape by beating; "beat swords into ploughshares"
- produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly; "beat the drum"
- make by pounding or trampling; "beat a path through the forest"
- move with or as if with a regular alternating motion; "the city pulsated with music and excitement"
- move rhythmically; "Her heart was beating fast"
- indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks; "Beat the rhythm"
- sail with much tacking or with difficulty; "The boat beat in the strong wind"
- move with a flapping motion; "The bird''s wings were flapping"
- move with a thrashing motion; "The bird flapped its wings"; "The eagle beat its wings and soared high into the sky"
- glare or strike with great intensity; "The sun was beating down on us"
- make a rhythmic sound; "Rain drummed against the windshield"; "The drums beat all night"
- make a sound like a clock or a timer; "the clocks were ticking"; "the grandfather clock beat midnight"
同义词：tick, ticktock, ticktack,
- avoid paying; "beat the subway fare"
- be superior; "Reading beats watching television"; "This sure beats work!"
- the act of beating to windward; sailing as close as possible to the direction from which the wind is blowing
- a stroke or blow; "the signal was two beats on the steam pipe"
- a regular rate of repetition; "the cox raised the beat"
- the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music; "the piece has a fast rhythm"; "the conductor set the beat"
同义词：rhythm, musical rhythm,
- (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
同义词：meter, metre, measure, cadence,
- the sound of stroke or blow; "he heard the beat of a drum"
- the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart; "he could feel the beat of her heart"
同义词：pulse, pulsation, heartbeat,
- a regular route for a sentry or policeman; "in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
- a member of the beat generation; a nonconformist in dress and behavior
- a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies; has a frequency equal to the difference between the two oscillations
- beatとは意味：１beat n. (1) 巡回区域. 【動詞＋】 ◆He has a large beat to cover. 彼の巡回区域は広い ◆a policeman patrolling his beat 受け持ち区域を巡回中の警官 ◆In some areas policemen have to walk their beat in pairs. ある地区では警官は 2 人組になって巡回区域を回らざるを...
beating 中文, beaten 中文, beat generation 中文, big beat 中文, beating degree 中文, beaten zone 中文, hoof beat 中文, news beat 中文, beat frequency 中文, beasts come out to prowl 中文, beasts per hour 中文, beasts; animals 中文, beaststalker 中文, beaswax white and yellow 中文, beat (cudgel , rack) one’s brain 中文, beat a big drum for 中文, beat a dead horse 中文, beat a drum 中文,