- Viruses are colloidal particles .
- Colloidal particles are bombarded by molecules of the dispersion medium .
- A substantial portion of the solution is aggregated to form units of colloidal size .
- Soap does not often occur as a colloidal suspension except in laundry waste .
- One case is that of tiny dust particles or colloidal particles suspended in a fluid .
- A sol that consists of solid particles suspended in a liquid is a colloidal suspension .
- A foam is a colloidal system in which gas bubbles are dispersed in a liquid or solid .
- Frictional behavior is modified by colloidal silica or starch deposition .
- Clays are produced by mechanical and chemical weathering and primarily colloidal in size .
- Colloidal particles are formed in considerable amounts in hard-rock drilling and blasting operation .