过去式: countenanced 过去分词: countenanced 名词复数: countenances 现在分词: countenancing
- There was joy in his speech and countenance .
- He possesses a mild and benevolent countenance .
- It is her countenance that is so attractive .
- Horror was depicted on every countenance .
- The goddess received her with angry countenance .
- A woman's dress is a part of her countenance .
- Meg tried to keep her countenance .
- I could hardly keep my countenance .
- A good countenance is a letter of recommendation .
- His countenance was sensible .
- the appearance conveyed by a person''s face; "a pleasant countenance"; "a stern visage"
- the human face (`kisser'' and `smiler'' and `mug'' are informal terms for `face'' and `phiz'' is British)
同义词：physiognomy, phiz, visage, kisser, smiler, mug,
- formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union''s endorsement"
同义词：sanction, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur,
- consent to, give permission; "She permitted her son to visit her estranged husband"; "I won''t let the police search her basement"; "I cannot allow you to see your exam"
同义词：permit, allow, let,
- countenanceとは意味：１countenance n. 顔つき, 表情; 落ち着き; 支持, (精神的)援助. 【動詞＋】 ◆change one's countenance 顔色を変える ◆He composed his countenance. (いったん変えた表情をとりつくろって)何事もなかったような顔つきをした ◆find no countenance in sb ある人の支持を得られない ◆Shame flus...