音标：[ draiv ] 发音:
过去式: drove 过去分词: driven 名词复数: drives 现在分词: driving
- When are you taking your driving test ?
- Be particularly careful when driving at night .
- They are watching landry drive toby .
- His knowledge merely drives him to madness .
- They drove a tunnel through the rock .
- Reckless driving may lose you even your life .
- How did you get along in your driving test ?
- I could drive a car before i left school .
- Earlier the waves had washed out beach drive .
- This will extend the life of the drive .
- the act of applying force to propel something; "after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
同义词：thrust, driving force,
- a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile); "he took the family for a drive in his new car"
- the act of driving a herd of animals overland
- (sports) a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)
- hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver; "he sliced his drive out of bounds"
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end; "he supported populist campaigns"; "they worked in the cause of world peace"; "the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"; "the movement to end slavery"; "contributed to the war effort"
同义词：campaign, cause, crusade, movement, effort,
- a wide scenic road planted with trees; "the riverside drive offers many exciting scenic views"
- a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine; "a variable speed drive permitted operation through a range of speeds"
- (computer science) a device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium
- a road leading up to a private house; "they parked in the driveway"
同义词：driveway, private road,
- the trait of being highly motivated; "his drive and energy exhausted his co-workers"
- a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire
- move into a desired direction of discourse; "What are you driving at?"
- hunting: chase from cover into more open ground; "drive the game"
- hunting: search for game; "drive the forest"
- cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling; "The amplifier drives the tube"; "steam drives the engines"; "this device drives the disks for the computer"
- excavate horizontally; "drive a tunnel"
- hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally; "drive a ball"
- strike with a driver, as in teeing off; "drive a golf ball"
- cause to move back by force or influence; "repel the enemy"; "push back the urge to smoke"; "beat back the invaders"
同义词：repel, repulse, force back, push back, beat back,
- cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force; "drive the ball far out into the field"
- push, propel, or press with force; "Drive a nail into the wall"
- force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically; "She rammed her mind into focus"; "He drives me mad"
- compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment; "She finally drove him to change jobs"
- travel or be transported in a vehicle; "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater"
- proceed along in a vehicle; "We drive the turnpike to work"
- operate or control a vehicle; "drive a car or bus"; "Can you drive this four-wheel truck?"
- urge forward; "drive the cows into the barn"
- cause someone or something to move by driving; "She drove me to school every day"; "We drove the car to the garage"
- move by being propelled by a force; "The car drove around the corner"
- strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
同义词：tug, labor, labour, push,
- work as a driver; "He drives a bread truck"; "She drives for the taxi company in Newark"
- to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly; "She is driven by her passion"
- have certain properties when driven; "This car rides smoothly"; "My new truck drives well"
- driveとは意味：１drive n. (1) ドライブ, 車の旅行; 道のり; 街道; (道路から邸宅の車寄せに至る)私設車道. 【動詞＋】 ◆We enjoyed the drive very much. そのドライブはとても楽しかった ◆You must turn there to enter the drive that leads to the cemetery. 墓地に続く車道に入るにはそこで曲がりなさい...