音标：[ flai ] 发音:
过去式: flew 过去分词: flown 现在分词: flying
- We flew coach from denver to new york .
- The delegation flew from london to new york .
- Two of the wolves flew upon the guide .
- Rosy evening clouds and lone ducks fly together ...
- Swallows fly about , carefree and at liberty .
- We flew from london to bombay in one hop .
- They all set to work and the time flew .
- The foolish young man had asked her to fly .
- His partner flew the coop with all the money .
- Those who fly too high may come to grief .
- (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked
- decrease rapidly and disappear; "the money vanished in las Vegas"; "all my stock assets have vaporized"
- change quickly from one emotional state to another; "fly into a rage"
- hit a fly
- transport by aeroplane; "We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
- be dispersed or disseminated; "Rumors and accusations are flying"
- travel in an airplane; "she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"; "Are we driving or flying?"
- move quickly or suddenly; "He flew about the place"
- travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft; "Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
- cause to fly or float; "fly a kite"
- travel through the air; be airborne; "Man cannot fly"
- operate an airplane; "The pilot flew to Cuba"
- pass away rapidly; "Time flies like an arrow"; "Time fleeing beneath him"
- run away quickly; "He threw down his gun and fled"
同义词：flee, take flight,
- display in the air or cause to float; "fly a kite"; "All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
- (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
- two-winged insects characterized by active flight
- an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
- fisherman''s lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
- flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
同义词：tent-fly, rainfly, fly sheet, tent flap,