音标：[ fut ] 发音:
过去式: footed 过去分词: footed 名词复数: feet 现在分词: footing
- The mountain rises 6,000 feet above sea-level .
- Would it be good to rub my feet with snow ?
- The earth beneath her feet was uneasy .
- The trees were planted at 20 feet intervals .
- Barbicane was the first to set foot on dock .
- He stood with his feet planted wide apart .
- The toes of his right foot felt odd .
- The soldiers encamped at the foot of the hill .
- His foot was painful, but not broken .
- He dragged his tired feet slowly along .
- travel by walking; "he followed on foot"; "the swiftest of foot"
- the pedal extremity of vertebrates other than human beings
- any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
- a support resembling a pedal extremity; "one foot of the chair was on the carpet"
- lowest support of a structure; "it was built on a base of solid rock"; "he stood at the foot of the tower"
同义词：foundation, base, fundament, groundwork, substructure, understructure,
- the part of the leg of a human being below the ankle joint; "his bare feet projected from his trousers"; "armored from head to foot"
同义词：human foot, pes,
- (prosody) a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
同义词：metrical foot, metrical unit,
- an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot; "there came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
- the lower part of anything; "curled up on the foot of the bed"; "the foot of the page"; "the foot of the list"; "the foot of the mountain"
- a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
- a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard; "he is six feet tall"
- add a column of numbers
- walk; "let''s hoof it to the disco"
同义词：leg it, hoof, hoof it,
- pay for something; "pick up the tab"; "pick up the burden of high-interest mortgages"; "foot the bill"
The foot (plural feet) is an anatomical structure found in many vertebrates. It is the terminal portion of a limb which bears weight and allows locomotion.