- The chestnut was in flower and the bells rang out high clear over her gables and cupola .
- After being absent from the gables for a week my aunt unexpectedly returned one afternoon with a party of guests and instructed bessie to prepare dinner .
- I often visited the gables when i was boy
- I don ' t like the ugly look of that hole in the gable
- At the age of 41 gable enlisted in the u . s
- I am a clark gable nut : i have seen all his films
- The sun fell on her naked limbs through the gable window
- The house of the seven gables : a romantic interpretation of social history
- Graff : you ' re not cooper or gable
- He s no clark gable . but then very few men are
A gable is the generally triangular portion of a wall between the edges of a sloping roof. The shape of the gable and how it is detailed depends on the structural system being used (which is often related to climate and availability of materials) and aesthetic concerns.