音标：[ giv ] 发音:
过去式: gave 过去分词: given 名词复数: gives 现在分词: giving
- They give the impression of having rigidity .
- They had learned to give up many things .
- I tried to give brisk, concise response .
- The storm gave way to bright sunshine .
- Wait a moment , let me give you a demonstration .
- His tooth gave another red-hot jounce .
- I am too ugly; he won't give me a thought !
- I will give you a pound in part payment .
- We must not give way to their demands .
- I refuse, sir, to give up the scholarship .
- the elasticity of something that can be stretched and returns to its original length
- proffer (a body part); "She gave her hand to her little sister"
- consent to engage in sexual intercourse with a man; "She gave herself to many men"
- occur; "what gives?"
- estimate the duration or outcome of something; "He gave the patient three months to live"; "I gave him a very good chance at success"
- dedicate; "give thought to"; "give priority to"; "pay attention to"
- inflict as a punishment; "She gave the boy a good spanking"; "The judge gave me 10 years"
- allow to have or take; "I give you two minutes to respond"
- guide or direct, as by behavior of persuasion; "You gave me to think that you agreed with me"
- submit for consideration, judgment, or use; "give one''s opinion"; "give an excuse"
- give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one''s talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
同义词：dedicate, consecrate, commit, devote,
- offer in good faith; "He gave her his word"
- manifest or show; "This student gives promise of real creativity"; "The office gave evidence of tampering"
- convey or communicate; of a smile, a look, a physical gesture; "Throw a glance"; "She gave me a dirty look"
- convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow; "Don''t pay him any mind"; "give the orders"; "Give him my best regards"; "pay attention"
- bestow; "give homage"; "render thanks"
- accord by verdict; "give a decision for the plaintiff"
- propose; "He gave the first of many toasts at the birthday party"
- give food to; "Feed the starving children in India"; "don''t give the child this tough meat"
- be flexible under stress of physical force; "This material doesn''t give"
- give or supply; "The cow brings in 5 liters of milk"; "This year''s crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"; "The estate renders some revenue for the family"
同义词：render, yield, return, generate,
- cause to happen or be responsible for; "His two singles gave the team the victory"
- bring about; "The trompe l''oeil-illusion establishes depth"
- perform for an audience; "Pollini is giving another concert in New York"
- present to view; "He gave the sign to start"
- organize or be responsible for; "hold a reception"; "have, throw, or make a party"; "give a course"
同义词：hold, throw, have, make,
- move in order to make room for someone for something; "The park gave way to a supermarket"; "`Move over,'' he told the crowd"
同义词：move over, give way, ease up, yield,
- break down, literally or metaphorically; "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
同义词：collapse, fall in, cave in, give way, break, founder,
- transfer possession of something concrete or abstract to somebody; "I gave her my money"; "can you give me lessons?"; "She gave the children lots of love and tender loving care"
- leave with; give temporarily; "Can I give you my keys while I go in the pool?"; "Can I give you the children for the weekend?"
- give as a present; make a gift of; "What will you give her for her birthday?"
- place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
同义词：pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over,
- convey or reveal information; "Give one''s name"
- transmit (knowledge or skills); "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
同义词：impart, leave, pass on,
- contribute to some cause; "I gave at the office"
同义词：contribute, chip in, kick in,
- give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
- give (as medicine); "I gave him the drug"
- cause to have, in the abstract sense or physical sense; "She gave him a black eye"; "The draft gave me a cold"
- bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
- be the cause or source of; "He gave me a lot of trouble"; "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
- endure the loss of; "He gave his life for his children"; "I gave two sons to the war"
- afford access to; "the door opens to the patio"; "The French doors give onto a terrace"
- deliver in exchange or recompense; "I''ll give you three books for four CDs"
- emit or utter; "Give a gulp"; "give a yelp"
- execute and deliver; "Give bond"
- giveとは意味：give v. 与える; 渡す, 託する; 伝える; 起こさせる; ささげる, 委ねる; 演じる. 【副詞１】 ◆The cow gave milk abundantly. その牛はたっぷり乳を出した ◆The opera is to be given again next month. そのオペラは来月再演することになっている ◆She gave away most of her income ...