音标：[ lɔst ] 发音:用"lost"造句"lost"怎么读
- The fibers lose strength and become brittle .
- Do n't lose your temper over such a trifle ..
- They looked everywhere for the lost child .
- When two tigers fight , one is sure to lose ...
- I always lose at cards , with my bad luck .
- His misconduct let in a lost of troubles .
- Sure enough, tremaine lost his job .
- I got into a real flap when i lost my keys .
- Reckless driving may lose you even your life .
- His slowness lost him the chance .
- no longer in your possession or control; unable to be found or recovered; "a lost child"; "lost friends"; "his lost book"; "lost opportunities"
- spiritually or physically doomed or destroyed; "lost souls"; "a lost generation"; "a lost ship"; "the lost platoon"
- not gained or won; "a lost battle"; "a lost prize"
- not caught with the senses or the mind; "words lost in the din"
- unable to function; without help
- having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity; "I frequently find myself disoriented when I come up out of the subway"; "the anesthetic left her completely disoriented"
- perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
同义词：baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, mazed, mixed-up, at sea,
- incapable of being recovered or regained; "his lost honor"
- deeply absorbed in thought; "as distant and bemused as a professor listening to the prattling of his freshman class"; "lost in thought"; "a preoccupied frown"
同义词：bemused, deep in thought, preoccupied,
- people who are destined to die soon; "the agony of the doomed was in his voice"