音标：[ lɔt ] 发音:
过去式: lotted 过去分词: lotted 名词复数: lots 现在分词: lotting
- There is a lot of flu going round at the moment .
- There are lots of pear trees near the house .
- Envy may dissatisfy us with our lot .
- You seem to have suffered a lot in jail .
- A road bridge has to carry a lot of traffic .
- The strike has caused a lot of misery .
- I 've a lot of things to do this morning .
- There was a lot of junk on the key .
- She has thinned down a lot since last year .
- A lot of crops were damaged by the frost .
- anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random; "the luck of the draw"; "they drew lots for it"
- any collection in its entirety; "she bought the whole caboodle"
- an unofficial association of people or groups; "the smart set goes there"; "they were an angry lot"
同义词：set, circle, band,
- a parcel of land having fixed boundaries; "he bought a lot on the lake"
- (often followed by `of'') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
同义词：batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad,
- your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you); "whatever my fortune may be"; "deserved a better fate"; "has a happy lot"; "the luck of the Irish"; "a victim of circumstances"; "success that was her portion"
同义词：fortune, destiny, fate, luck, circumstances, portion,
- administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"; "the machine dispenses soft drinks"
同义词：distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out,
- divide into lots, as of land, for example
- lotとは意味：１lot n. (1) 運命, 巡り合わせ. 【動詞＋】 ◆He bears his sad lot well. よく悲運に堪える ◆better one's lot 運命を開拓する ◆Their cruel lot has been greatly brightened by medical science. 彼らの悲惨な運命が医学によって大いに明るくなってきた ◆cast in one's l...