- abscission bulbi: 眼球摘出术
- abscission joint: 脱离节
- abscission layer: 离区; 脱离层
- Abscission of the tightly rolled, needlelike tips of the injured leaves quite often occurred .
- For conifers which do not form an abscission layer at the base of the cone, shakers have been partially or completely unsuccessful .
- Effects of low intensity of light on pepper flower abscission and photosynthesis
- Abscission and its mechanism of three different salt - tolerant types of upland cotton under the stress of salinity
- It is important in the degradation of plant cell walls in living plants ( e . g . in leaf abscission )
- the act of cutting something off
- shedding of flowers and leaves and fruit following formation of scar tissue in a plant
Abscission (from the Latin ab meaning away and scindere meaning to cut) is a term used in several areas of biology. In plant sciences, it most commonly refers to the process by which a plant drops one or more of its parts, such as a leaf, fruit, flower or seed.