- More expensive nitrating agents may be used .
- Corcoran takes the book to his agent .
- The agents of goldstein had been at work !
- This is the only and sovereign agent .
- I am a mere instrument, not an agent .
- the semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
- an active and efficient cause; capable of producing a certain effect; "their research uncovered new disease agents"
- a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission
- a representative who acts on behalf of other persons or organizations
- any agent or representative of a federal agency or bureau
- a substance that exerts some force or effect
An Agent is one who acts for, or in the place of, another, by authority from him; one entrusted with the business of another.