- Airlift tipped the balance of the sieges .
- Our airlift was proceeding in stunning fashion .
- In the meantime we pressed on with the airlift .
- Then, too, the soviet airlift was growing in magnitude .
- An airlift was organized immediately for the relief of the flood victims .
- transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means; "Food is airlifted into Bosnia"
An airlift is the organized delivery of supplies or personnel primarily via aircraft.