- Amniocentesis is the removal of fluid from the amniotic sac .
- Amniocentesis should be done by a physician skilled in the technique, after the patient has had appropriate counseling and has given her informed consent .
- After amniocentesis and prenatal counseling , the couple chose to terminate the pregnancy
- Karyotyping for adanced maternal age was performed by amniocentesis and demonstrated a normal male karyotype ( 46 xy with g - banding )
对此高龄孕妇行羊膜穿刺染色体组型分型检查，先是正常男性（ 46xy ， g带显带技术） 。
- Consequently , an excess number of otherwise normal pregnancies would be recommended to undergo definitive testing to ensure as many downs syndrome fetuses could be detected prenatally . however , conventional definitive genetic testing employs invasive methods , such as amniocentesis to obtain fetal tissue for testing , thus carrying a risk to the fetus
- (pregnancy) extraction by centesis of amniotic fluid from a pregnant woman (after the 15th week of pregnancy) to aid in the diagnosis of fetal abnormalities