(极度)痛苦，苦闷，烦恼。 in anguish 极度痛苦。vt.,vi.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The loss of her son anguished her deeply .
- An anguished look appeared on her face .
- Tears of anguish sprang to her eyes .
- Bill's anguished mother met me in the doorway .
- Nothing can take away the anguish of losing a child .
Anguish is a term used in philosophy, often as a translation from the Latin angst. It is a paramount feature of existentialist philosophy, in which anguish is often understood as the experience of an utterly free being in a world with zero absolutes (existential despair).