- 更多例句： 下一页
- The child 's work at school is about average ..
- The average age of the boys here is ten .
- This statement is true only on the average .
- It could be counted an average day .
- A cow's estrus cycle averages 21 days .
- lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered; "average people"; "the ordinary (or common) man in the street"
- around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
- approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value; "the average income in New England is below that of the nation"; "of average height for his age"; "the mean annual rainfall"
- relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values); "the median value of 17, 20, and 36 is 20"; "the median income for the year was $15,000"
- relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution; "the modal age at which American novelists reach their peak is 30"
- lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best"
同义词：fair, mediocre, middling
- compute the average of
- achieve or reach on average; "He averaged a C"
- amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain; "The number of hours I work per work averages out to 40"
- an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual; "he is about average in height"; "the snowfall this month is below average"
- a statistic describing the location of a distribution; "it set the norm for American homes"
- (sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities
In mathematics, an average is a measure of the "middle" or "typical" value of a data set. It is thus a measure of central tendency.