- 脊骨，脊椎；分水岭；主要山脉；主要成分；中枢；中坚，骨干；主力；刚毅，骨气；书脊 (the backbone of a defence 防御主力。 to the backbone 完完全全，纯粹，十足，彻头彻尾。 an Englishman to the backbone 道地的英国人)。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- After all, we're the backbone of the country .
- The backbone is an articulate structure .
- His sister had the backbone to stand up to him .
- The sweat started out on winston's backbone .
- They are the backbone of the factory .
- the part of a network that connects other networks together; "the backbone is the part of a communication network that carries the heaviest traffic"
- the part of a book''s cover that encloses the inner side of the book''s pages and that faces outward when the book is shelved; "the title and author were printed on the spine of the book"
- fortitude and determination; "he didn''t have the guts to try it"
同义词：grit, guts, moxie, sand, gumption
- the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his back"
同义词：spinal column, vertebral column, spine, back, rachis
- a central cohesive source of support and stability; "faith is his anchor"; "the keystone of campaign reform was the ban on soft money"; "he is the linchpin of this firm"
同义词：anchor, mainstay, keystone, linchpin, lynchpin