1.(比 gulf 小、比 cove 大的)湾，海湾。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- By early june, the president was at bay .
- Sunlight shimmers on the waters of the bay .
- I'd rather see edgar at bay than you .
- They boated us across the bay .
- The ships in the bay present a beautiful sight ...
- (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
- bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- utter in deep prolonged tones
- a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
- a small recess opening off a larger room
- a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose; "he opened the bomb bay"
- a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital; "they put him in the sick bay"
- the sound of a hound on the scent
- an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
- small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors
同义词：true laurel, bay laurel, bay tree, Laurus nobilis
A bay is a large body of water connected to an ocean or sea formed by an inlet of land due to the surrounding land blocking some waves and often reducing winds. Bays also exist as an inlet in a lake or pond.