〔英国〕(像甲虫一样)走来走去；匆匆忙忙地走，赶紧；瞎撞，乱撞。 beetle off 〔英俚〕急忙离开，赶。n.
大(木)槌；夯；杵；槌布机；搅打机。 between the beetle and the block 介于槌砧之间，上下交逼地，在危险中。vt.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- The prospect of bankruptcy beetled over him .
- This beetle eats mainly the germ of the grain .
- The beetle is, in fact, less elongate .
- This kind of beetles have hard shell .
- The weevil is a shiny, cylindrical beetle .
- jutting or overhanging; "beetle brows"
- beat with a beetle
- fly or go in a manner resembling a beetle; "He beetled up the staircase"; "They beetled off home"
- be suspended over or hang over; "This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town"
- insect having biting mouthparts and front wings modified to form horny covers overlying the membranous rear wings
- a tool resembling a hammer but with a large head (usually wooden); used to drive wedges or ram down paving stones or for crushing or beating or flattening or smoothing
Pennsylvanian ? Recent