- Reynolds grinned and boomed at me .
- Boom ! boom ! boom ! a series of explosions shook the valley .
- There is the recent boom in real estate .
- "are you threatening me?" janders boomed .
- Stocks may boom today, but drop tomorrow .
- any of various more-or-less horizontal spars or poles used to extend the foot of a sail or for handling cargo or in mooring
- a pole carrying an overhead microphone projected over a film or tv set
- a deep prolonged loud noise
同义词：roar, roaring, thunder
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money); "the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
同义词：bonanza, gold rush, gravy, godsend, manna from heaven, windfall, bunce
- a state of economic prosperity
- grow vigorously; "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
同义词：thrive, flourish, expand
- hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
同义词：smash, nail, blast
- make a deep hollow sound; "Her voice booms out the words of the song"
- make a resonant sound, like artillery; "His deep voice boomed through the hall"
- be the case that thunder is being heard; "Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"