- The shape of the control box is arbitrary .
- We use diamond-shaped boxes for questions .
- The box was corded, the card nailed on .
- I will get my rod and tackle box now .
- Would you mind keeping an eye on the box ?
- a blow with the hand (usually on the ear); "I gave him a good box on the ear"
- a (usually rectangular) container; may have a lid; "he rummaged through a box of spare parts"
- separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people; "the sentry stayed in his box to avoid the cold"
- private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance; "the royal box was empty"
- the driver''s seat on a coach; "an armed guard sat in the box with the driver"
- any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned; "the umpire warned the batter to stay in the batter''s box"
- evergreen shrubs or small trees
- the quantity contained in a box; "he gave her a box of chocolates"
- a rectangular drawing; "the flowchart contained many boxes"
- a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; "his lying got him into a tight corner"
- engage in a boxing match
- hit with the fist; "I''ll box your ears!"
- put into a box; "box the gift, please"
Box (plural boxes) describes a variety of containers and receptacles for permanent use as storage, or for temporary use often for transporting contents.