- There is a budget department on the first floor .
- Our budget has been pared to the bone .
- His budget of good will was running out .
- Your budget figures were bang on this year .
- They sliced a little fat off the budget .
- a summary of intended expenditures along with proposals for how to meet them; "the president submitted the annual budget to Congress"
- a sum of money allocated for a particular purpose; "the laboratory runs on a budget of a million a year"
- make a budget
A budget (from old French bougette, purse) is a quantified financial plan for a forth coming accounting period.