- At the centre of the lake , there is a pavilion .
- There is a flagstaff in the centre of the ground .
- She loves to be the centre of interest .
- Our thoughts centre upon one idea .
- The arrow penetrated through the centre of target .
- a building dedicated to a particular activity; "they were raising money to build a new center for research"
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process; "in most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
同义词：center, nerve center, nerve centre
- the object upon which interest and attention focuses; "his stories made him the center of the party"
同义词：center, center of attention, centre of attention
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor''s argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
同义词：kernel, substance, core, center, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- the sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering
- a place where some particular activity is concentrated; "they received messages from several centers"
- a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- an area that is approximately central within some larger region; "it is in the center of town"; "they ran forward into the heart of the struggle"; "they were in the eye of the storm"
同义词：center, middle, heart, eye