[ tʃɛə ]发音: 用"chair"造句
- a chair: 一把椅子
- in the chair: 开会时担任主席, 处在主席地位
- on the chair: 在椅子上
- Do they have marble tables and chairs ?
- She turned the chair on its side to repair it .
- She was the chair of the planning committee .
- He throws her roughly into the easy chair .
- Bind the prisoner to the chair with rope .
- the position of professor; "he was awarded an endowed chair in economics"
- a seat for one person, with a support for the back; "he put his coat over the back of the chair and sat down"
- a particular seat in an orchestra; "he is second chair violin"
- an instrument of execution by electrocution; resembles an ordinary seat for one person; "the murderer was sentenced to die in the chair"
同义词：electric chair, death chair, hot seat
- the officer who presides at the meetings of an organization; "address your remarks to the chairperson"
同义词：president, chairman, chairwoman, chairperson
A chair is a piece of furniture with a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for use by one person. Chairs are most often supported by four legs and have a back; however, a chair can have three legs or could have a different shape.