[ tʃek ]发音: 用"check"造句
- He checked his unreasonable mirth .
- He was about to speak. again he checked himself ..
- Would you care to have separate checks ?
- Let 's make a check on his calculation .
- Let 's make a check on his calculation .
- the act of inspecting or verifying; "they made a check of their equipment"; "the pilot ran through the check-out procedure"
同义词：checkout, check-out procedure
- (chess) a direct attack on an opponent''s king
- obstructing an opponent in ice hockey
- the act of restraining power or action or limiting excess; "his common sense is a bridle to his quick temper"
- a textile pattern of squares or crossed lines (resembling a checkerboard); "she wore a skirt with checks"
- a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
同义词：hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, handicap
- an appraisal of the state of affairs; "they made an assay of the contents"; "a check on its dependability under stress"
- additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct; "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
同义词：confirmation, verification, substantiation
- the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check"
- a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.; "as he called the role he put a check mark by each student''s name"
同义词：check mark, tick
- a written order directing a bank to pay money; "he paid all his bills by check"
同义词：bank check, cheque
- the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
同义词：arrest, halt, hitch, stay, stop, stoppage
- become fractured; break or crack on the surface only; "The glass cracked when it was heated"
- make cracks or chinks in; "The heat checked the paint"
- arrest the motion (of something) abruptly; "He checked the flow of water by shutting off the main valve"
- slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the child''s language development"
- examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition; "check the brakes"; "Check out the engine"
同义词：check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into
- put a check mark on or near or next to; "Please check each name on the list"; "tick off the items"; "mark off the units"
同义词：check off, mark, mark off, tick off, tick
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
同义词：see, insure, see to it, ensure, control, ascertain, assure
- verify by consulting a source or authority; "check the spelling of this word"; "check your facts"
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
同义词：determine, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- write out a check on a bank account
- place into check; "He checked my kings"
- hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
同义词：turn back, arrest, stop, contain, hold back
- decline to initiate betting
- mark into squares or draw squares on; draw crossed lines on
- stop for a moment, as if out of uncertainty or caution; "She checked for an instant and missed a step"
- stop in a chase especially when scent is lost; "The dog checked"
- abandon the intended prey, turn, and pursue an inferior prey
- hand over something to somebody as for temporary safekeeping; "Check your coat at the door"
- consign for shipment on a vehicle; "check your luggage before boarding"
- lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
同义词：control, hold in, hold, contain, curb, moderate
- make an examination or investigation; "check into the rumor"; "check the time of the class"
- develop (children''s) behavior by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control; "Parents must discipline their children"; "Is this dog trained?"
同义词：discipline, train, condition
- block or impede (a player from the opposing team) in ice hockey
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don''t agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect''s fingerprints don''t match those on the gun"
同义词：match, fit, correspond, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- be verified or confirmed; pass inspection; "These stories don''t check!"