抓，抓住；攫住；握紧。 clutch at a straw (危急时)捞稻草；急不暇择；急来抱佛脚。 clutch the gunny 〔美国〕不及格。n.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- Walden clutched at the back of the sofa .
- She stood there, clutching the railing .
- A drowning man will clutch at a straw .
- The discus was kind of the clutch event .
- Take one 's foot off the clutch .
- the act of grasping; "he released his clasp on my arm"; "he has a strong grip for an old man"; "she kept a firm hold on the railing"
同义词：clasp, clench, clutches, grasp, grip, hold
- a coupling that connects or disconnects driving and driven parts of a driving mechanism; "this year''s model has an improved clutch"
- a pedal or lever that engages or disengages a rotating shaft and a driving mechanism; "he smoothely released the clutch with one foot and stepped on the gas with the other"
- a woman''s strapless purse that is carried in the hand
- a collection of things or persons to be handled together
- a number of birds hatched at the same time
- a tense critical situation; "he is a good man in the clutch"
- affect; "Fear seized the prisoners"; "The patient was seized with unbearable pains"; "He was seized with a dreadful disease"
同义词：seize, get hold of
- take hold of; grab; "The sales clerk quickly seized the money on the counter"; "She clutched her purse"; "The mother seized her child by the arm"; "Birds of prey often seize small mammals"
- hold firmly, usually with one''s hands; "She clutched my arm when she got scared"
同义词：cling to, hold close, hold tight