- Turbidity is predominantly made by colloids .
- The hydrophilic colloids are readily dispersed in water .
- Colloids contribute to the character of the soil in other ways .
- The settling precipitates can also entrap colloids which it passes bringing them down .
- The photographic elements contain a blue-sensitive hydrophilic colloid silver halide emulsion layer .
- a mixture with properties between those of a solution and fine suspension
A colloid is a substance microscopically dispersed evenly throughout another substance.