- He grabbed the ship's commander at both elbows .
- He was the commander of a vast shadowy army .
- The commander would be commended .
- He was a magnificent commander .
- Commander rahm arrives, swinging a swagger stick .
Commander is a naval rank which is also sometimes used as a military title depending on the individual customs of a given military service. Commander is also used as a rank or title in some organizations outside of the armed forces, particularly in police and law enforcement.