- Her prayers and confessions are endless .
- Confessions made to him are never blabbed .
- His confession surprised everyone .
- The police have got a confession out of her .
- The police used torture to extort a confession from me .
- (Roman Catholic Church) the act of a penitent disclosing his sinfulness before a priest in the sacrament of penance in the hope of absolution
- a written document acknowledging an offense and signed by the guilty party
- the document that spells out the belief system of a given church (especially the Reformation churches of the 16th century)
- a public declaration of your faith
- an admission of misdeeds or faults
A confession is a statement made by a person acknowledging some personal fact that the person would prefer to keep hidden. The term is generally associated with an admission of a moral or legal wrong.