1.〔英国〕郡〔与专有名词连用时用 shire.例：Yorkshire ＝ the county of York〕。
- 更多例句： 下一页
- County boroughs lose their autonomy .
- The mountain lies between two counties .
- He was the deadest shot in the county one time .
- He belongs to the county set .
- In county courts costs are in the discretion of the court .
- (United Kingdom) a region created by territorial division for the purpose of local government; "the county has a population of 12,345 people"
- (United States) the largest administrative district within a state; "the county plans to build a new road"
A county is a geographical region of a country used for administrative or other purposes The Chambers Dictionary, L. Brookes (ed.