- I could hear them crying out to one another .
- "grateful soul!" cried the dwarf .
- I sat down, and cried most vehemently .
- "i prefer weak tea," cried daisy .
- Susie cried quarts, i know she did .
- a fit of weeping; "had a good cry"
- a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
同义词：outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate); "a cry of rage"; "a yell of pain"
- a slogan used to rally support for a cause; "a cry to arms"; "our watchword will be `democracy''"
同义词：war cry, rallying cry, battle cry, watchword
- the characteristic utterance of an animal; "animal cries filled the night"
- shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain; "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"; "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
- bring into a particular state by crying; "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
- utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!'' he exclaimed"; "`Help!'' she cried"; "`I''m here,'' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
同义词：exclaim, cry out, outcry, call out, shout
- utter a sudden loud cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn''t hear me"
同义词：shout, shout out, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- proclaim or announce in public; "before we had newspapers, a town crier would cry the news"; "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
- utter a characteristic sound; "The cat was crying"
- demand immediate action; "This situation is crying for attention"