- animal cult: 动物崇拜
- bull-cult: 公牛崇拜
- cargo cult: 货物崇拜
- Religious cults and priesthoods are sectarian by nature .
- The book became a cult .
- The modern cult of beauty is not exclusively a function of wealth .
- A rock-music cult called "woodstock nation" flared briefly, then burned out .
- Perhaps at the winter solstice those ancient people conducted ceremonies linked to a cult of the dead .
- an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
同义词：fad, craze, furor, furore, rage
- a system of religious beliefs and rituals; "devoted to the cultus of the Blessed Virgin"
同义词：cultus, religious cult
- a religion or sect that is generally considered to be unorthodox, extremist, or false; "it was a satanic cult"
- followers of an unorthodox, extremist, or false religion or sect who often live outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader
- followers of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices
The word cult in current popular usage is a pejorative term for a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre by the larger society.OED, citing American Journal of Sociology 85 (1980), p.