- 更多例句： 下一页
- The dam broke down and in result the land was flooded .
- The water deepened after the dam was built .
- Water in a reservoir is pouring over a dam .
- The dam was in danger because of the rising flood ...
- The water stored behind a dam has free energy .
- female parent of an animal especially domestic livestock
- a barrier constructed to contain the flow of water or to keep out the sea
- a metric unit of length equal to ten meters
同义词：decameter, dekameter, decametre, dekametre, dkm
- obstruct with, or as if with, a dam; "dam the gorges of the Yangtse River"
A dam is a barrier that impounds water or underground streams. Dams generally serve the primary purpose of retaining water, while other structures such as floodgates or levees (also known as dikes) are used to manage or prevent water flow into specific land regions.