- He denied any knowledge of their plans .
- He would not deny himself one enjoyment .
- He denied with bland effrontery .
- Human dignity was denied and trampled upon .
- I do not deny but that it is difficult .
- declare untrue; contradict; "He denied the allegations"; "She denied that she had taken money"
- refuse to accept or believe; "He denied his fatal illness"
- refuse to recognize or acknowledge; "Peter denied Jesus"
- deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a legal suit
- refuse to let have; "She denies me every pleasure"; "he denies her her weekly allowance"
- deny oneself (something); restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure; "She denied herself wine and spirits"
- refuse to grant, as of a petition or request; "The dean denied the students'' request for more physics courses"; "the prisoners were denied the right to exercise for more than 2 hours a day"