- The economy slid from recession to depression .
- The rain collected in several depressions .
- She just sat there , sunk in depression .
- He committed suicide during a bit of depression .
- It forms a major structural depression .
- pushing down; "depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
- sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
- a sunken or depressed geological formation
- angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- a concavity in a surface produced by pressing; "he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
- a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
同义词：depressive disorder, clinical depression
- a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
同义词：slump, economic crisis
- an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation; "a low moved in over night bringing sleet and snow"