实验；试验；尝试 (of). a scientific experiment 科学试验，科学仪器设备。 a new experiment in education 教育上的新尝试。 experiment farm 试验农场。 experiment station 试验站。 make [try] an experiment on [in with] 做…实验。 prove by experiment 实验证明。
[-ment , -mnt]vi.
- 更多例句： 下一页
- His whole mind was trying out the experiment .
- Experiment is the final arbiter in science .
- He tried one experiment after another .
- They experimented three times on the seed .
- Experiments are not totally unequivocal as yet .
- the act of conducting a controlled test or investigation
- a venture at something new or different; "as an experiment he decided to grow a beard"
- the testing of an idea; "it was an experiment in living"; "not all experimentation is done in laboratories"
- to conduct a test or investigation; "We are experimenting with the new drug in order to fight this disease"
- try something new, as in order to gain experience; "Students experiment sexually"; "The composer experimented with a new style"
An experiment is a methodical procedure carried out with the goal of verifying, falsifying, or establishing the validity of a hypothesis. Experiments provide insight into cause-and-effect by demonstrating what outcome occurs when a particular factor is manipulated.