- Hurricanes never find people prepared .
- The bisection method finds only one of them .
- Do you find them agreeable acquaintance ?
- What i found made me do some scouting .
- I find his attitude very hard to take .
- the act of discovering something
- a productive insight
- accept and make use of one''s personality, abilities, and situation; "My son went to Berkeley to find himself"
- receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
同义词：receive, get, obtain, incur
- come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds; "I feel that he doesn''t like me"; "I find him to be obnoxious"; "I found the movie rather entertaining"
- make a discovery; "She found that he had lied to her"; "The story is false, so far as I can discover"
- establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
同义词：determine, find out, ascertain
- decide on and make a declaration about; "find someone guilty"
- make a discovery, make a new finding; "Roentgen discovered X-rays"; "Physicists believe they found a new elementary particle"
- succeed in reaching; arrive at; "The arrow found its mark"
- perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You''ll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "The 1960''s saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see results"
- discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of; "She detected high levels of lead in her drinking water"; "We found traces of lead in the paint"
同义词：detect, observe, discover, notice
- perceive oneself to be in a certain condition or place; "I found myself in a difficult situation"; "When he woke up, he found himself in a hospital room"
- obtain through effort or management; "She found the time and energy to take care of her aging parents"; "We found the money to send our sons to college"
- get something or somebody for a specific purpose; "I found this gadget that will serve as a bottle opener"; "I got hold of these tools to fix our plumbing"; "The chairman got hold of a secretary on Friday night to type the urgent letter"
同义词：line up, get hold, come up
- get or find back; recover the use of; "She regained control of herself"; "She found her voice and replied quickly"
同义词：recover, retrieve, regain
- come upon, as if by accident; meet with; "We find this idea in Plato"; "I happened upon the most wonderful bakery not very far from here"; "She chanced upon an interesting book in the bookstore the other day"
同义词：happen, chance, bump, encounter
- come upon after searching; find the location of something that was missed or lost; "Did you find your glasses?"; "I cannot find my gloves!"
In Unix-like and some other operating systems, find is a command-line utility that searches through one or more directory trees of a file system, locates files based on some user-specified criteria and applies a user-specified action on each matched file. The possible search criteria include a pattern to match against the file name or a time range to match against the modification time or access time of the file.