- The elephants rampaged through the forest .
- An airplane was swanning over a forest .
- The cabin was built on the border of the forest .
- Thickly forested land had to be cleared .
- The pine tree makes a forest of boredom .
- the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- land that is covered with trees and shrubs
同义词：woodland, timberland, timber
- establish a forest on previously unforested land; "afforest the mountains"
A forest, also referred to as a wood or the woods, is an area with a high density of trees. As with cities, depending on various cultural definitions, what is considered a forest may vary significantly in size and have different classifications according to how and of what the forest is composed.