- 更多例句： 下一页
- The old man's former cronies are all dead .
- Of the two the latter is better than the former .
- He has retreated to his former reserve .
- The former wins readers in new territory .
- It replaces the former quarter sessions .
- referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several); "the novel was made into a film in 1943 and again in 1967; I prefer the former version to the latter one"
- belonging to the distant past; "the early inhabitants of Europe"; "former generations"; "in other times"
- belonging to some prior time; "erstwhile friend"; "our former glory"; "the once capital of the state"; "her quondam lover"
同义词：erstwhile, old, onetime, one-time, quondam, sometime
- (used especially of persons) of the immediate past; "the former president"; "our late President is still very active"; "the previous occupant of the White House"
- the first of two or the first mentioned of two; "Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the former is remembered today"